Monday, August 6, 2012

First Night in the Gym Since the Jurassic Period

Big step. Huge step. Scary step. If you know me, you know, I'm the laziest ever. It wasn't just bad diet that got me where I am today. So getting to the gym was the last thing I wanted to do. Ever. But I decided I needed to start somewhere. Luckily we have a free gym on campus at work. With the enthusiasm of some of my team members, I got there finally. I wasn't able to do much. Partly for being so out of shape. And partly necessary I need to quit smoking. My lungs were angry. But I did about 20 minutes worth of stuff (mostly bike and some weights).

I know this part is tough for many of us. And 20 minutes (or 5, or 10 even) can be so discouraging for those of us who want to get there yesterday. But stepping foot in that room was the accomplishment today. I well get better at this and that 20 minutes will multiply. Just get there. Walk in and out the first time if you have to. Just get there. That's the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment