Thursday, August 2, 2012

Judging a Book by it's Cover

Yesterday my friend Kelsey and I were sitting and talking about our weight loss so far. It's the customary topic of conversation on weight in day. A co-worker of ours came up and asked if he could join in our conversation, and of course we invited him in. Kelsey and I were talking about eating habits growing up and what we've changed. We sort of mentioned to our co-worker that might not understand as he's a thin and tall young man.

Well we were very wrong. Turns out that this friend, who I've known for quite some time, had a weight problem in high school. He was lucky enough to have been able to go to Jenny Craig, get active and turn his weight around at a young age. We were stunned by his story. He admitted that he was always interested in weight loss stories and being apart of other people's journeys. I told him about this blog and later he came up to me as I was leaving and gave me a big hug. He told me he was so proud of me and where I'm heading. It made my day.

So I say to all of you out there, don't judge a book by it's cover. Also, be open to other people's stories. You never know when their experience will change your day/week/year/life.

1 comment: