Sunday, July 22, 2012

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary....

Today started like any other. Working, giving feedback to my team, etc. But it turned really amazing about half way through. A girl who had read my first post on this blog stopped to talk to me about it. To make a long story short she told me that this blog was what she needed. This was a girl who had very similar experience to mine, and was coming to a point in a life when she needed a change.

This reminded me how important it is to have someone to share these thoughts/experiences with. There are so many people in our lives, no matter how hard they try, will never fully grasp what it's like to live life more than two or three hundred lbs. Not to say we are innocent victims in this. But it's a struggle only some people will ever understand.

I was truly touched that my blog, one single post, had hit home for someone. And I wanted to take the time to thank my friend for her candidness. I'm so lucky to have people like her in my life. Because I know one day I will need that friend and she will be there for me. If you are out there, share your stories. Your stories may resonate with someone and help them in their struggles. I have so many beautiful people in my life who have done that for me. I'm glad I can give back in any way.


Side note, I had dinner at Hooters tonight. I had a salad and a couple of wings. It worked out really well, but eating out still strikes some fear into me. So if you have any eating out recommendations, please share them in the comments section. 

My suggestion for tonight is Hooter's Cobb Salad, without cheese and fat free raspberry vinaigrette. I can't find the points total online, but without cheese it was lettuce, tomato, a few small pieces of chicken (you can ask for them grilled. I had some extra points so I left them breaded), a few slices of egg, and some small pieces of bacon (most of which I left on the plate). I would be surprised if it was more than 10 points total.


No comments:

Post a Comment